Hi Edith,

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Edith Arnold <arnolded...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a gimp for android? I miss it so,since I lost computer.I have a odd
> make, my android is a xeilo tablet 4.1.1. Digging into the system it seams to
> be  with a kernel of  Linux 2.6.x. files are apex format.

There is no official GIMP for Android. I remember that someone said he
compiled GIMP for Android. You can find it on the Google play store.
But this was "as is", there were apparently no adaptation whatsoever,
or very few, to adapt it to small devices (phone, tablets), so
usability is likely close to inexisting and frustrating.
That means also that the GIMP developers cannot vouch for it. The
"normal" GIMP is meant for desktop only.

Note that I don't think that anyone is against getting a real GIMP for
Android, adapted for tablets and phones or such devices. But simply no
contributor ever shown interest into starting the porting work and
contributing this upstream.

Jehan