I have just downloaded Gimp 2.8.8 to my Mac with OS X 10.9.2 Maverick and I'm
following an online tutorial from Gimp.org and everything seems fine until I try
to enter some text. The tutorial shows a Tool Options area appear at the bottom
of the Toolbar module on the left side, when clicking on the text icon A.
However, when I do this nothing happens. I can locate a another Text box which
appears on my canvas area when I go to Tools in the top drop down menu, but I
cannot make any changes to the text from there.

I originally installed Gimp 2.8.10 which also had this problem, but then found
out from glimpsers.com that I should have Gimp 2.8.8 for my version of OS X, so
I deleted the 2.8.10 version and downloaded 2.8.8, but seems to be no difference
and the problem is the same.

Can anyone help please?

RichardGMTaylor (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list