On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Brendan Scott
<disposableem...@apps.opensourcelaw.biz> wrote:
> I would like to import photo references and be able to keep track of what
> file came from where within my xcf file, preferably within the layer to
> which the reference is imported (or paste). Any idea if this is possible?

It's a work in progress by Commons Machinery, currently on pause,
because they are working on a web service and are in need of more
contributors to keep working on libraries as well.

Project's website: http://commonsmachinery.se/
An article about their work on GIMP and Inkscape:
A talk at LGM2014 by one of the project's developers:

gimp-user-list mailing list