Sorry to sound dense, but I have tried and am not sure exactly how to do it. I
am completely new to editing software. Can you give step by step instructions. I
have clicked on the areas I want selected with the intelligent scissors, but
when I click on Gaussian blur from filters nothing happens anywhere. The problem
may be that I am not finishing off the selection properly with the intelligent
scissors. I have clicked the outline I want but after that how do you know it
has been selected properly so you can apply a filter?

--
jojo8 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)