Hello,

Ever since I installed GIMP on my new Windows 8.1 machine, I've been having
repeated issues of it crashing while working with images. I haven't been able to
pinpoint the problem; a clean uninstall and reinstall hasn't really affected the
behavior. I took to checking the Windows Event Viewer to see if it shed any
light (perhaps a plugin or extension is causing an issue), but most of the time
the problem lies with gimp-2.8.10.0.exe itself. The exception code reported is
0xc0000005, if that helps any. (I've also tried launching GIMP in verbose mode,
but nothing out of the ordinary appears when it crashes).

Thanks.

--
DocChloroplast (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)