I personally am not a fan of watermarks, as I feel it is distracting and
pointless.

With that being said, open the image you want to watermark.
Then use File -> Open as layers...
Choose your logo.
Move it to the location you want, and set the opacity of logo layer to
whatever suits you (and/or use a different blending mode like "Overlay").

Export.
Voila.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Jim Welch <j...@newdaynepal.com> wrote:

> Have you ever seen a professional photographer take their logo and "ghost"
> it, then place it on one of their photos so no one will steal their photos
> off the net?
>
> I have a logo in various formats, including png,  and want to place our
> logo on some of my pictures which are in a jpeg format..  I am not sure of
> the percentage, but I am guessing maybe 10% of the total.  Is this possible
> with GIMP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

pat david