Despite what others have said, this is nothing to do with your window manager.

It is entirely controlled from the theme you are using. The simple way to get
back to having the stepper at the normal end of the scrollbar is to switch back
to using the default theme :  Edit>>Preferences>>Theme and select Default.

However, if you wish to continue using this theme you will have to edit the rc
file(s) associated with it to allow the use of the backward stepper and not
display the secondary backward stepper:

  GtkScrollbar::has-backward-stepper = 1
  GtkScrollbar::has-secondary-backward-stepper = 0

Kevin