I'm no Gimp expert and am having more trouble (than usual) installing gap 2.6.0,
locating it and deciphering all the 'script/plug-in this' or 'shell command
that'.

Heres the tech info:
Gimp version: GIMP 2.8.10
gap version: gimp-gap-2.6.0
gap originally download in this format; gimp-gap-2.6.0.tar.bz2
MacBook Air 13" mid 2012 running OS X 10.9.4

Now, this is a couple of programs that I've downloaded thinking they'd help
after browsing for help prior to discovering this forum (thank goodness I did!)

MacPorts-2.3.1-10.9-Mavericks
Xcode 5.1.1 (app)

not sure if MacPorts did anything and Xcode looks like it'll help me build apps!
Can anyone help this script-newb out? I'm trying (in vain) to learn animated gif
construction!!

--
MumaGuru (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)