>It opens quickly on windows 8 using gimp 2.8.10. I tried both File ->
>Open and the drag and drop method. The first was a bit faster opening.
>You can delete a lot of exif data from windows explorer. right click
>on
>the file, select properties and then the details tab.
>
>mark

Thank you for testing the file, all! Not sure where that leaves me as it is
clearly a problem on my end. Does GIMP's download differentiate between 32 and
64 bit? I know it says it contains both versions, but I never get an option to
choose, except that in advanced I can choose to accept 32 bit plug-ins. I am
trying the Partha 64 bit install to see if that changes anything. I've tried the
simple method of removing data from the file, but it didn't help any.

--
C210LUV (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)