On 03/09/14 23:35, NoWhizzKid wrote:
OK, this is my first attempt. It looks dreadful. I used the paths tool and
followed this tutorial...

It's so bad though! Where am I going wrong?!

Thanks again for your help - I very much appreciate it :)

Why do you have the gray outline? Did you do the bucket fill on a clean layer?

The trick with the path tool is to use as few nodes as possible. The more nodes, the more contrived the curve looks. In my version there are 16 nodes for the main print and 4 or 5 nodes for each toe.The path is also less contrived if the tangents on nodes are symmetrical (this is automatic if you depress the shift key while dragging the tangent handles).
gimp-user-list mailing list