Hi,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Oliver Dillenburger <d-bur...@web.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm new with a problem that is bugging me.
> I did spent hours on a pic with several layers, saving it regularly.
>
> Today I tried to open it. The preview shows the picture just fine but gimp
> states I need to open at least one layer to work.

That reminds me something. Maybe someone on the list or in a bug
report had a similar issue, but I can't find. What is the exact
message error?

> The XCF is 400 MB.

Is it a file you can share publicly? Could you upload it somewhere so
that we can have a look?
If that's not a file you want/are allowed to share, could you still
upload it and send a private message with the link?
Thanks.

Jehan