Image > Scale

I understand wanting to jump right in and wanting it to work, but if you
don't have a basic understanding of image editing programs in general,
it can be hard to grasp at first. If you aren't the type that learns
from book or manual reading, (I'm not) you might try one a the various
gimp tutorials out there aimed at beginners. I made a 5 part series
myself you might find useful.

Try not to get too frustrated. There is very little that gimp can't do,
which means it is a very complex piece of software that can take a
little time to grasp. Once you do, you will astounded on what you can