On 13 September 2014 17:30, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Russell Gadd wrote:
> >...<snipped>
>

> > 3. The "delta" value on colour creates a gradient on the sides which I
> > don't want but unfortunately it doesn't accept zero, the lowest value is
> 1.
> > Is it possible to allow a zero value? However I'm not too troubled by
> this
> > as a value of 1 is hardly detectable.
>
> Sorry, I don't get it. Bevel is a 3D thing. It's supposed to have
> shading. If you need a flat fill inthe frame, please use the Add
> Border script.
>
> I may have confused you. The delta is a differential in colour on the
border sides not the bevel. I want a flat border with a bevelled edge which
would represent a simple mount or flat wooden frame with chamfered
inner/outer edges. Using the Add Bevel after Add Border works fine.

But in Add Border, using a large delta gives what looks like perhaps a
metal frame with thin outer edges and thicker inner edges (or vice-versa
depending on how you perceive it). Still, as I said, it's not a problem in
practice as a delta of 1 gives a virtually undetectable change in colour.

Thanks for the recipe to fix it. I couldn't have figured any of this out
for myself. I haven't tried it yet, but I will attempt the local scripts
version as this would be safer and as you say protected against upgrades
overwriting it.

Russell