Hello,

I am a new user of GIMP and have been quite impressed with the range of
features and usability. However I am working on a large banner and am finding
the rendering of the image is extremely slow.
I have just upgraded my mac from a powerpc to a 12 core intel machine and am
not appreciating a great speed benefit so far due to this slowness of rendering.
I appreciate that it may well be down to the setup. I have the RAM set to 10Gb
in the GIMP preferences which I had thought sufficient to show an improvement
but its not given much of a boost.

Is there anything ~I should be installing or tweaking to get the best out of
GIMP when working with large format images?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Hope this makes sense as its my first foray into this mailing list!

Thanks

Anthony