Thanks a lot for your answer and workaround! I tried it and it works perfectly.
You also need both, the libpng15-15.dll and libpng16-16.dll (I simply copied the
libpng16-16.dll from 2.8.14 and renamed it to 15-15. Works well, so far). It's
probably a good idea to copy this one from 2.8.10, too.

I'm sure, this will help other people, too.

Before trying the dll-magic I also gave Gimp a high priority in he task manager
and put all my energy-saving-setting on high performance. This reduces the lag
pretty good.
Anyway, the dlls fix it completely.

>This is a known bug which has actually been introduced by a recent
>version of libcairo.
>A solution for the time being is using an older libcairo. In an older
>version of GIMP (2.8.10), save libcairo-2.dll (and maybe
>libpixman-1-0.dll as well), then after updating to 2.8.14, replace the
>newly installed DLLs by the 2 you saved. The lag bug should be gone.
>At least that is what a user told us in the aforementionned bug
>The actual bug will be fixed when a libcairo developer, or maybe one
>of us, will look closer into this. I've been meaning to do this myself
>as well, but never took the time for such a thing.

antiart (via
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:
List membership:
List archives:

Reply via email to