If I had to guess then I would say you have clicked on the link on gimp.org
that says "updated 2.8.14 installer" This is pointing to a torrent for the
installer. If, like most people, you don't know what a torrent is, then try
clicking where it says "http" instead and this will get you the executable for
the installer directly.

Kevin

Kevin