Owen,

Thanks for the response.  I have python installed:

Python 2.7.5 (default, Mar  9 2014, 22:15:05)

[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)] on darwin

and I have the script executable:

-rwxr-x--x@  1 username  staff  7980 Nov 14 22:41 golden-spiral-0.0.py

I could just be looking for it in the wrong place.  The documentation
states that it shows up under "<Image>/Select".  However, I can't find it
under the Image menu or the select menu.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Owen Cook <owen.c...@gmx.com> wrote:

> I don't know about OSX, but the python script needs python support, you
> have python installed?
>
> In the unix world, the script needs to be executable, is this the case for
> you?
>
> Python scripts go in the users plug-ins subdirectory, not in scripts
>

> Owen
>
> > Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 at 11:54 AM
> > From: "Dave Thibault" <d...@thibaultfineart.com>
> > To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> > Subject: [Gimp-user] Question about golden-spiral-0.0.py script
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got GIMP 2.8 on OSX Mavericks and I'm trying to use this script:
> >

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/golden-spiral-0.0.py/download
> >
> > I've tried putting it in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
> > Support/GIMP/2.8/scripts and in /Users/myusername/Library/Application
> > Support/GIMP/2.8/plugins. I have verified that both of those paths are
> set
> > in the GIMP Prefeferences/Scripts and /Plug-ins settings.  Either way, I
> > get no errors when starting GIMP and I can't find the menu options to use
> > the golden spiral in GIMP.  Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

Peace,
Dave

Thibault Fine Art--inspired by light and perspective
http://thibaultfineart.com