On 12/09/14 09:40, John Williams wrote:

>   I have been using GIMP to save image files in the .png format for many
> years.  I recently upgraded to GIMP 2.8 and I cannot seem to save/export
> the image files.  This is not about what kind of command I am using or
> whether or not the user interface is good or bad.  When I activate the
> export command I successfully complete the process without any error
> message.
>   I am using the .png image files as wallpapers for the fvwm window manager
> and I get no error messages or any indication that something is wrong, I
> just get no wallpaper image.  (Please refrain from commenting about the
> dinosaur-ness of my window manager;))
>   I have searched the FAQ and gimp user archives but cannot seem to find
> any mention of this problem.
>   I have also made sure that I have merged and/or flattened the images and
> have also used the convert tool to use the sRGB color profile.  I also have
> the file-png plugin loaded in my plug-in directory.  None of these options
> have made a difference.
>   Does anyone know anything about this kind of problem?  Does anyone know
> where I might find information about how to fix this kind of problem?
> Thanks very much for your assistance.

Is there any message in gimp's error window?

I presume you get the "Export Image as PNG" dialog, and when you click the
"Export" button, you see the progress bar at the bottom of the main export
window "fill up" before the dialog disappears?

Are you saving a new image or overwriting an existing one?

What kind of system are you running on?

gimp-user-list mailing list