On 28/12/14 12:27, Chris1968 wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to build a website over the coming weeks but I want to make some
custom images albeit slightly basic ones. My first image project would be the
banner for the home page for which I already have an image which I will attach
to this post.

It is a simple two colour image of a pentagram. The pentagram is black against a
white background but I want to change the black to a shade of gold maybe and the
background to a shade of black. Rather that editing it pixel by pixel there must
be an easier way by using gimp to alter the pentagram's colour and the
background colour.

Any help greatly appreciated.

* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/182/original/pentagram.jpg

When doing an image from scratch, the basic principle in Gimp it to work with layers, keeping objects in their own layer (the reste of the layer being transparent) so that they can be altered at will without impacting the rest of the image. If the pentagram is in its own layer, then changing its color is just alpha-locking the layer and bucket-filling it with the new color (due to alpha-lock, all pixels keep their original opacity/transparency), and the background color can be changed by simple bucket-fill.
gimp-user-list mailing list