Dear All,
I'm using GIMP (2.8.14, downloaded from your site) on two Windows 7 x64
machines (both fully up-to-date). Both have antivirus software and Office 2010
with Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc. installed and active. On numerous occasions
and while GIMP is being used Windows issues the message "GIMP has encountered a
problem and must close". This usually occurs when one or more Office 2010
windows are also open. For example, a colleague working on machine (#1, 4
cores, 8 GB memory, HD Intel graphics)  found that bringing an open Excel
window into focus to enter data obtained from GIMP was sufficient to crash GIMP
and cause this message. (this is consistent and has happened many times). This
has only just started occurring  - previously the user on machine 1 had used
GIMP for the same task without problem (update to Office causing the
problem??). I have now encountered the problem on machine #2 (16 cores, 64GB
memory, high-end NVIDIA card) using GIMP and Powerpoint simultaneously,
although I have not been able to identify a precipitating event that causes

I have tried increasing the memory available to GIMP in both machines (via
Edit/Preferences) but to no avail. The error message is virtually meaningless.
The crashes are frequent enough (about 1 /hour) that is extremely irritating,
never mind the loss of time and work. Any ideas?
gimp-user-list mailing list