On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 2:42 AM, CaptBaldy wrote:
> Can anyone help me and explain what they are asking for and possibly how to do
GIMP automatically saves all existing paths as clipping paths when
exporting to TIFF. Hence all you need is:
1. Make a selection around the object any way you prefer.
2. Choose 'Select -> To Path' in the menu.
3. Export as TIFF.
Note that the selection should be quite clean. You can test this:
1. Convert the path to selection (from Paths dockable dialog,
right-click menu or the bottom toolbar).
2. Press Ctrl+I to invert selection.
3. Press Del or Ctrl+X to remove the area around your original selection.
That will give you an idea how the clipped object will look.
Alternatively you can run a desktop publishing app, create an image
frame, load your TIFF file and apply the clipping path.
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: firstname.lastname@example.org
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list