On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 09:33:28AM +0100, Ofnuts wrote:
   > IMHO you are better off converting your NEF into one or more high quality
   > JPEGs in a distinct application (that gives you a lot of choices,
   > including Nikon Capture) and do the final edits in Gimp.
I also have a Nikon DSLR and shoot in RAW. I use darktable to process
the raw images and then edit the converted jpeg's in Gimp. Darktable has
the advantage of editing things non-destructively, so as I advance/learn
better, I can go back and redo things in a better/informed way.

Just my thoughts.

Sridhar M. A.

Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.
                -- Francis Bacon
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org