Since reinstalling GIMP does not seem to work, perhaps you can tell us what problems you are having that makes you want to reinstall in the first place and we could try to address those instead? If the purpose of the re-installation is to reset your preferences to default, there is a built-in feature for that under Edit > Preferences.