I think you are doing it all wrong.

To answer your last question first, you will probably find the dpi has gone
from 300 to 72 dpi (or of that order)

Secondly, I don't quite understand what was done. Was the whole score saved as
a multipage pdf, if so, can you break it up with pdftk or pdfseparate, get the
individual sheets?

You might be able to use pdfimages to extract the embedded image and work on
that.

If you want to convert it back to one pdf, use imagemagicks convert and its
million options

Owen

If so