On 11/03/15 21:01, Jeanne Lucas wrote:
I am a new user attempting to convert power points to gifs that can be played
on our company website.   I save the power point presentation as a gif, then
open it as layers in gimp.   Once I save the presentation again, it works well,
but the timings I had set in power point are gone.

I cannot find a "delay time" button nor can I find a way to use the "frames" to
get the slides to the different timings I need.   I also occasionally have resolution problems when
I open the presentation in gimp and again as I save them to a gif after I am finished in gimp.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you!

Animated GIF is not a good format for this:

 * it won't adapt to the user's screen definition, you'll have to use a
   lowest common denominator
 * due to the small number of available colors edges of text and
   diagrams will look pixellated
 * it won't adapt to your user's reading speed

Why don't you convert your PPT to PDF instead?

gimp-user-list mailing list