> From: monica.mu...@fish.wa.gov.au
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:23:39 +0000
> Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP scanner program
>
> Hello

 I have just downloaded GIMP 2.6.4 and opened it. I want to scan an
image from my scanner but when I select 'File - Create - Scanner/Camera'
 I am only given one TWAIN option. How can I add the GIMP scanner option
 to my selection?

> MM

This is actually outside GIMP's control, because when you tell GIMP to create a
new image from the scanner, it basically just asks the system for a list of
available scanner devices, and what's actually on that list depends on the
scanner drivers installed on your system.  (Some scan utilities will also
register themselves as an available scanning device, but that makes barely any
difference to GIMP.)

I'm willing to help anyway -- what make and model of scanner do you have?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com