I am with the Export Compliance group for the Phillips 66 Company. I am
contacting your company to

request the Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and/or (CCATS) for:

GIMP  version  2.8.14

If you are unable to provide the ECCN or CCATS, could you please provide the
following information:

1.      Is there any encryption utilized within the software?
2.      Is there a log on/authentication process utilized to access the
3.      Brief description on what the software is used for?

If you are unaware of your ECCN for this product, please forward on to your
legal department.

You immediate response is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

David Brooks

ECCNs are five character alpha-numeric designations used on the Commerce
Control List (CCL) to identify dual-use items for export control purposes.  An
ECCN categorizes items based on the nature of the product, i.e. type of
commodity, software, or technology and its respective technical parameters.
They are used in determining whether an export license is needed from the
Department of Commerce.

The Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System (CCATS) is an
Alpha/Numeric number that begins with the letter G obtained from the Bureau of
Industry And Security confirming the ECCN. Some cases, the vendor may not have
the CCATS because they self-classified or provided an applicable ECCN for an

gimp-user-list mailing list