On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 13:31 -0400, Gerald Brosseau wrote:
> Under Kubuntu 15.4
> I'm not able anymore to use unsharp-mask.
> I always receive the same error message :

If you run

(you may need to use "locate unsharp-mask" and run the program
wherever it happens to be -- not as rot, of course)

you should get a message,
/usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/unsharp-mask is a GIMP plug-in and must
be run by GIMP to be used

Do you get such a message?

> The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>    (Details: serial 20405 error_code 3 request_code 18 minor_code 0)
>    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
> asynchronously;
>     that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>     To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>     option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>     backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> (unsharp-mask:3176): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: unsharp-mask:
> gimp_wire_read(): error
> (script-fu:3159): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu:
> gimp_wire_read(): error
> Is it a new problem due to Kubuntu packages?
gimp-user-list mailing list