On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 19:30 -0400, Kristen Sullivan wrote:
> ok so I can't find the link to my thread I made so I'm lost LOL....\

Bestto change the subject line at least infuture.

> OK so I have uninstalled this program and installed it AGAIN.

Where exactly are you downloading GIMP from?
Which exact version?
Please paste the exact and full URL.

Is this on a GNU/Linux™ system? Or Microsoft Windows? or the Mac? or
what? Which exact version?

Is it a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer?

How are you running GIMP exactly?

It is difficult even to begin to answer your questions without such
detail. GIMP does work for a great many people, unless you use one of
the fake or bad download sites, or download the wrong version for your
operating system, for example.

>  I go and open
> a 800X600 image and still force closes. IDK what is going on with
> this but
> I dont know what to do either.

Does GIMP open by itself with no image?

If you send me a copy of the image (or the URL where I can download
it, if that's an option) I can look at it.

If you are on a Linux or Unix system (including OS X) the terminal
command
$ file the-image.jpg
(or whatever the file is called) may tell you the image format; if it
doesn't match the filename's extension, you may need to rename it, or
tell GIMP the file format in the Open dialogue box.

Liam