On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:59:40 +0000
John Broyles <johnk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I recently converted some old slides to digital pictures.  Unfortunately some
> of the older slides have developed a pink tint, probably from age.  Can I
> remove this tint in the digital pictures using Gimp?  I looked at color level
> but could not understand whether this would solve my problem or not.

Two fairly easy ways -

(1) use Colour/Colour Balance
(2) use Colour/Curves to raise green and blue

You can get a start on (2) with Colours->Levels and pressing auto;
unfortunately this may lose a small amount of detail in highlights and shadows,
but if before pressing OK you click on Edit in Curves (the exact labels and
menu names may vary depending on your language and locale of course) you can
move the curves slightly. For many applications levels/auto works magic.

Liam