ianw <forums <at> gimpusers.com> writes:

> Hi All
>
> New to this Forum!!
> I run GIMP 2.8 on PClinuxOS. I just found out about three very interesting
> plug-ins developed by Member devvv in 2009. I downloaded the three py files
-
> Restore.py, brighten.py and remove-spots.py.
>
> I have followed these installation steps ...
>
> 2. Copy it to the plug-in directory of GIMP (Linux: /home/.gimp
> 3. Make the script executable, (in the plug-ins folder – with a Terminal
write
> “chmod a+x restore.py”.
> 4. Launch GIMP and you should find a new main menu entry named “Restore”.
> 5. Open up a scan/photo and apply the plug-in.
>
> But when I open GIMP, (even after a re-boot), I can not find any option
> "Restore", (or the others).
>
> Any help would be appreciated as I need to be able to work on old colour
photos
> for re-publication.
>
> Thanks
>
> ianw
> Pretoria RSA

As a PClinuxOS KDE 32 bit user.

The plugins come from here:
http://www.lionhouse.plus.com/photosoftware/gimp_plugins/

and a quick test work (more-or-less) at least they alter an image.
screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/GkMoq79.jpg

There was a Gimp update a couple of days ago
gimp (2.8.14-3pclos2014) to 2.8.14-4pclos2015 Have you updated? Although I do
not think that makes any difference.

The plugins are from 2009, and almost certainly need updating.