On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Scott Gilmour wrote:

> Hello I just downloaded GIMP and I've mainly worked with Paint.Net so most
> of my work is saved on a pdn format, is there any way you can make it so
> that GIMP can read those files? Or a way of converting each file at least
> would be nice. Because from the looks of it you can read Photoshop files,
> so why not pdn?

Hi Scott,

Simply put, so far nobody needs PDN support so much that he/she would
work on this feature.

As far as I can tell, Paint.NET is capable of reading/writing
OpenRaster files (at least via a 3rd party plugin), and OpenRaster is
what free software like GIMP, Krita, MyPaint and others use to
exchange multilayered project data.

gimp-user-list mailing list