According to the current documentation,  Tcl is still available!:
http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-script-fu.html

Sadly I don't think it's true, and the TkInter support didn't get included in
the bundled Python, so we can't have the native file-open dialog and have to
use the GTK abomination.

Kevin