Just putting this back on the user list for visibility (please remember to

So, which one are you downloading to attempt to install?  Let's pick a
single one to keep things simple for the moment.

When you get the .dmg file, can you drag the app into a simple location,
like your desktop?  Then try to launch the app from there.  What happens
when you try to launch it?