On 08/25/2015 12:03 AM, AJ wrote:

> but the Windows version doesn't appear to have the feature I love,
> that is 'Select a region to grab' in the
> Create | Screenshot option.
> Can anyone please advise?

It's two different plug-ins to begin with:

For anything but the Microsoft Windows platforms:

For the Microsoft Windows platforms:

Probably doesn't have to be this way, that's just how it got
implemented, and so far there has been no reason to change it.

A patch that unifies the code of the plug-ins, and makes screenshot.c
work for the Windows platforms as well - preferably with as little
platform-specific code as possible - would be nice.

Please note that this has been tried before.