PS --

Comparison of the "ega" GIMP palette (palettes/ega.gpl) versus the actual
(6-bit RGB) EGA color palette:
-
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/Stratelier/gimp-ega-palette-wait-what_zpsl8fka8a0.png

Why does the GIMP palette contain 256 entries of only 16 colors instead of the
full 64 (or even the default 16 -- where's the red, the green, the brown?) ?
Why are their RGB values on a 0-252 scale instead of 0-255?

I'm wondering if this palette is simply broken, but if anyone has an
explanation (or any information) I've missed I would like to know before trying
to report it.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com