Hi chants,

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:23:08 +0200
chants <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to cut and paste an image if a ring ...there is an inner edge and
> an outer edge.. and obviously the part in the middle should be cut away... I
> have tried to do this, but when i click enter , the dancing ants dont appear

You can remove an inner selection from an outer selection - see "subtract mode"
here: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tools-selection.html . You may also find the
channels feature more convenient for you -
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-channel-dialog.html .

> 1. How do i move from the outside to the inside without cutting accross the
> ring 2. How do i do this task
> 3 How do i switch the scissor tool off, since it transfers to the new layer
> 4.In general , how do you switch the tools off
> Thanks

Let’s talk about restores instead of backups - http://is.gd/WatQqu

Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you.  They're too
busy worrying over what you are thinking about them.
    — Unknown Source