>Just a quick update on my testing with Logitech SetPoint:
>- I configured button 3 for "Universal scroll".  When I click button
>3, moving the trackball up or down causes scrolling in that direction.
>Unfortunately it is a toggle not a modifier, but I can work with that.
>- There is also "AutoScroll", in which I can click the button and an
>anchor cursor appears at the mouse location; moving the mouse relative
>to the anchor causes scrolling in that direction.
>The former scrolling behavior is more intuitive for me personally,
>however, it doesn't work in all Windows apps (GIMP, Inkscape, and
>Firefox alike).
>Looks like XMouse is the next thing on my test list....
>-- Stratadrake
>Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

On Windows I use X-Mouse Button Control - this allows you to configure the mouse
actions on a program by program basis - including,  if you wish, applying
keyboard command sequences to the buttons (as an example I used this to make
give scroll horizontally using the tilt wheel)

You can also set the default mouse actions for any programs that you have not
specifically configured the program for - its a really useful piece of code.

programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list