It bootstraps a virtualbox virtual machine ready for development.  So it is
not replacing your currently running OS but instead starting a
virtualmachine ready to compile GIMP and start developing.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Ofnuts <ofn...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 27/09/15 20:35, Sam Gleske wrote:
>
>> Hello devs and users,
>> I want to lower the barrier of entry of GIMP development for people who
>> want to contribute to GIMP.
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> It will automatically provision Debian Jessie 64-bit, upgrade the OS,
>> install all GIMP development dependencies, and build GIMP.  It builds
>> babl,
>> gegl, and gimp from the master branch.
>>

>> Please tell me your thoughts/feedback/ideas.
>>
>> SAM (irc nickname samrocketman)
>>

> Hmmm. What do you mean by "provision Debian Jessie 64-bit" exactly? You
> replace the existing OS?

I prefer to encrypt my email

GPG FINGERPRINT 4096 KEY
8D8B F0E2 42D8 A068 572E
BF3C E8F7 3234 7257 E65F
https://keybase.io/samrocketman

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/