On 15-10-18 06:25 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
from time to time I get deprecation warnings in older script-fu scripts.
gimp-selection-load should be replaced by gimp-image-select-item

but gimp-image-select-item always takes 3 parameters while gimp-selection-load
had been called with a single parameter.

Is there an upgrade guide for script-fu scripts?

I am not aware of any formal documentation for dealing with changes in the procedures available to Script-Fu in GIMP between one version of the program and another.

I have a Perl script that can be used to update calls to GIMP procedures in Script-Fu scripts but I haven't updated it in a while. It can handle a lot of the changes but there was one major set of changes in GIMP procedures (between 2.4 and 2.6, IIRC) that were rather extensive and beyond what my script was designed to handle.

I will have to dig out the script and get it updated again some day. I've been working on a number of other projects so I haven't been doing anything related to the GIMP project in some time.