Alexandre Prokoudine writes:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:58 AM, Derek Mortimer wrote:
> > Moving on to a new format gives significant advantages, but if it makes
> > obsolete valid and useful past work, isn't that somewhat arrogant to tell
> > users that past work is out of date and cannot be opened in the new version
> > of GIMP?
> We are not even discussing opening older files in newer version sof
> GIMP. We are talking about completely opposite thing: opening newer
> GIMP files in ol versions of GIMP.

Also, I had the exact same problem with OpenOffice, years ago, that
we're talking about with GIMP: newer versions of OO would save .odt
that older OO versions couldn't read. I can only assume that's still
true of LibreOffice since I don't see any compatibility options for
older ODT in the Save As menu.

gimp-user-list mailing list