I joined to this enhancement request with a slightly different
proposal, instead of a moving point to clone (which is the actual
behavior) it would be better a full warp deformable cloning area for
the clone tool.

For Domster, here is your solution

1. duplicate the layer
2. Rotate the duplicated layer (or warp transform it)
3. place a mark with the clone tool on duplicated layer
4. select original layer and start cloning.

This is what the enhancement shall do in background

happy gimping!

Alex