On 01/07/2016 11:50 AM, MrBryant71 wrote:
>> We will need a little more information first... most of this you
>> have probably already tried.
>> 1)  Is the text layer the top layer in your XCF file?
>> 2)  Is visibility of your text layer on (eyeball icon showing in
>> layers dialog dock)?
>> 3)  Was your text visible at all during any part of the process of
>> adding it to the image?
>> 4)  Is it possible that your text is too small to be visible?  In a
>> large high resolution image, the default text size is rather tiny;
>> to change it, one must select the text in the box on the image
>> canvas, before changing the font size.
>> Any other details or etc. you can provide would be helpful in
>> figuring this out.
> Thanks owen and steve. The initial color is blue with white stars, i did
> change
> the text size but once i started texting, it never showed. When i hide the
> other
> layers i see it but once i make them visible i don't see it. The size is 36,
> hinting is medium, color is black and antialiasing is checked.

By "the initial color is blue with white stars" I am guessing you
mean that's the background the text is supposed to be on top of?

Puzzling over this it occurs to me that if the text layer's Layer
Mode is set to Darken Only, and it's lighter than the background it
appears on top of, it would be invisible /except/ when the layers
below it are hidden.  So, check the layer mode setting - that's a
drop-down selector at the top of the Layers dock.

Can't think of any other cause just now...

gimp-user-list mailing list