Hi there,
Hope you can help me with this as I’ve tried everything!
All I am trying to do is scale a large .EPS logo which is 1.2Mb and default
imports into Gimp 2.8.14 at 100dpi?, Width 826 and Height 1170 with no
Anti-Aliasing, down to a logo of around 28mm high without losing too much image
quality.  What I get using the standard scale command in Gimp is a colour
degradation and very fuzzy logo outlines.

I’ve been ‘trying’ to use Liquid Rescale, the gimp plugin, but it comes back
with two error boxes…
‘Plug-In 'Liquid rescale' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open
undo groups.’
AND ‘ Plug-in crashed: "gimp-lqr-plugin"
(/tmp/pb2.8/Gimp-2.8.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gimp-lqr-plugin)
The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save
your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side.’

Here’s what I’m running…
Gimp 2.8.14
Liquid Rescale - gimp-lqr-plugin 7.2.1
with Liquid Rescale library @1-0.4.2
On
Macbook Pro 2009
OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan
Memory 2Gb
2.26 GHz Intel Core Duo

I’ve tried searching heaps of forums and based on what I found, I updated to
Gimp to 2.8.16 and used macports to ensure I had the latest plugin version and
library but then Liquid Rescale did not show up under the Layers Menu in the new
version of Gimp?

Any suggestions?  I don’t have to use the LR plugin but from what I’ve read it
seems the only way to do this well with Gimp.

Any help much appreciated.

By the way, I’d prefer someone in my own time zone in Eastern Australia (GMT +
10 hours) if possible.

Cheers

--
boydy33 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)