My current drawing is really building up an amazing collection of layers. I
still would like to be able to edit these layers individually later on, but for
now I would be happy with having some of them "collapsed" in groups. I'd rather
not merge them together and have to store individual layers in a separate file
to import later. Is there an easy way to "collapse" a group of layers?

For instance, the drawing is of a wooden cross with ivy growing on it. I have
three layers of ivy leaves, each a slightly different shade. I would like to
collapse them into a "leaves" group that takes up less space in my layers menu,
but still have them expandable if I decide to edit them later.

Is there a way to do that, or something similar?

PlasticTopHat (via
gimp-user-list mailing list