There are quite a few functions that require 'item' as a parameter. The
procedure browser says: 'item ITEM The item' which isn't very helpful,
but in actual fact I don't need it. I have an idea why the script
initially failed, and it is fixed now and working fine.

Thanks

associated with, so wouldn't need to find the image that the item is
associated with.

>For example to get a layer-id, you'd have to know which image it's in,
using: gimp-image-get-active-layer

uga...@talktalk.net <uga...@talktalk.net>