The reason you cannot remove the "system fonts" is that they are part of "core
services." under current OS X versions these can only be altered by the
administrative user account with authentication from Apple via an Apple ID, but
it (supposedly) can be done.

Another approach is to not install the foreign font families at the time of OS
installation, if you want to do a clean install.

Ross