>I just went into /System/Libary/Fonts and removed some. I had to type
>in my admin name and password. However, I'm running OS 10.6.8. I'll
>have to try with a later system and find out if that's a change Apple
>made on later systems. Will let you know.
>
>Ross

Indeed, cannot remove them from /System/Library/Fonts, not even when logged into
my admin user account. Also cannot rename them. While I can rename fonts in
other folders (eg /Library/Fonts or the two GIMP font folders -- in share and in
user) this has no effect on GIMP's font list. I am running El Capitan, now
10.11.4.

--
Snowyn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)