On 03/27/2016 03:48 PM, Bret Busby wrote:
> Hello.
> Some time ago, I started a project using the then version of GIMP,
> that ran on Debian 6, and I was able to set the font for text that I
> entered.
> I have tried to resume the project, using GIMP 2.8.14, running on
> UbuntuMATE 15.10, and, whatever I do, I am now not able to set the
> font for text to be entered.
> The font that I want to use, is Andika, and, it is installed, and, it
> shows in the Windows -> Dockable Dialogs -> Fonts dialogue box, and, I
> got it highlighted (but, it become unhighlighted, when the application
> is closed and then reloaded), but the only font that the application
> will apparently use, is the application default font; the "Sans" font.
> Without being required to delete all of the listed fonts apart from
> Andika (if it can be done), how can I force the application to use the
> Andika font, which font, I have successfully used in the GIMP, when I
> was running the GIMP on Debian 6?

The on-canvas text editor works /very/ differently from the earlier
"in its own box" text editor.  The first thing I would try is
opening the image, selecting the text layer I want to work on,
activate the Text tool, and click on the text to bring up the
on-canvas editor.  Then /select/ all the text with the mouse, then
/change/ the font name in the small on-canvas control box.

gimp-user-list mailing list