>It isn't clear why you want to replace <dir>/Library/Fonts</dir> with
>8/fonts</dir> as this file path is already defined in GIMP > Fonts >
>Font Folders preferences.
>
>On OSX there are 4 default files paths in fonts.conf, which could be
>commented out. The fonts.config file is here: /Applications/GIMP.
>app/Contents/Resources/etc/fonts.
>
>However, GIMP will not display any fonts, unless you also e.g.
>populate
>/Users/your_user_name/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/fonts with
>some fonts.
>8/fonts</dir>
>Gimp)

Hi Ugajin (hope I spelled that right),

Thank you for the suggestion of looking in fonts.conf and possibly modifying
that. I will try this idea.

However, FYI, I have looked in both /Users/.../GIMP/2.8/fonts and in the GIMP
Application Resources fonts file, and there are zero fonts in there. So even
though both those folders are empty, GIMP is displaying all the fonts in
/System/Library/Fonts/ and in /Library/Fonts/ -- or at least all the *active*
fonts in those folders. I have used Font Boss to deactivate a bunch of fonts. I
also used monolingual (or something like that name) to remove "everything" that
was not English language, and I *think* it removed a bunch of Chinese and
Japanese and miscellaneous non-Roman-alphabet fonts. Although it did keep the
system fonts that are non-Roman-alphabet.

Snowyn

--
Snowyn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)